TIMEP is now accepting applications for its spring 2017 internship program. Please submit applications by November 18, 2016.
More than just playing a crucial support role, TIMEP interns work as an integral part of the TIMEP team. TIMEP interns are matched with staff mentors for the duration of their internship, working on projects or initiatives that align with their own career or academic goals. Located in TIMEP’s offices in downtown Washington D.C., the internship also allows a unique opportunity for engagement in policy-making circles and interaction with a wide variety of civil society and government actors. While the weekly time commitment is flexible, we ask that interns commit at least 15 hours per week in TIMEP’s Washington DC office.
Interns are placed in one of two tracks:
Research Interns have the opportunity to develop analytic and writing skills related to policy in the following areas:
- Political & Legal Institutions
- Economy & Development
- Religious Minorities
- Gender & Sexuality
- Rights & Freedoms
- Arts & Culture
Institutional Interns gain insider knowledge of and hands on experience with a policymaking NGO working in one of the following areas:
- Advocacy & Government Relations
- Development & Fundraising
- Nonprofit Administration
- Applicants should be supportive of TIMEP’s mission and principles.
- Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply.
- Full and part-time positions are available.
- Preference will be given to applicants with backgrounds and experiences related to TIMEP’s focus areas.
- Research internships require familiarity with Egyptian, Syrian, or Libyan issues.
- English language fluency is required.
- Arabic language fluency is preferred but not required.
Please send cover letter, writing sample (1,200 word maximum; excerpts acceptable), and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- What dates are you available to work?
- Select one or more of your areas of interest based on the descriptions above and explain why you would like to work on this area(s).
- Please explain how an internship with TIMEP will benefit your personal and professional development.