TIMEP has an immediate opening for a Communications Associate position.
The Communications Associate will be responsible for shaping TIMEP’s external communications and messaging to a variety of audiences, from policymakers to the press. The ideal candidate will be able to leverage creative and traditional tools alike in the crafting of communications on the Institute, its team, and all of its programming and products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Craft external communications language for TIMEP, including for its website, social media, and email campaigns
- Manage TIMEP social media and marketing accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, and Mailchimp
- Create Google ads and social media promotions to spotlight TIMEP content
- Track website analytics and social media performance and provide regular reports to management
- Manage relationships with website and design contractors to further communications objectives
- Collaborate with program managers on the development of launch plans related to projects, programming, and outputs
- Provide communication support to development team for external fundraising and promotional outputs and mailings
- Develop relationships and engage with press across all types of media to position TIMEP staff and fellows as expert resources
- Place analyses and op-eds written by TIMEP staff, fellows, and partners externally
- Ensure cohesiveness of TIMEP messaging across all means of communication
- Keep up to date on emerging trends in digital communications and explore new means for TIMEP to engage with its audiences
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field; or Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2-3 years of experience
- Background in journalism, communications, or public relations is preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required
- Prior experience crafting communications language in a professional setting
- Familiarity with Google analytics and social media platform analytics
- Strong understanding of and experience with social media platforms
- Working knowledge of email marketing platforms; experience with MailChimp is preferred
- Experience with WordPress is preferred
- Familiarity with MENA region is preferred
The ideal candidate will be based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and available to work in TIMEP’s DC office upon its safe reopening.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com with “Communications Associate” in the subject line:
- Current resume / CV
- Cover letter indicating:
- Where you learned of this position
- Your ideal start date
- Salary requirements
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as we are prepared to make an offer as soon as possible.