About TIMEP’s Internship Program
TIMEP’s Internship Program is dedicated to training the next generation of policy influencers and policy makers by providing students and young professionals with:
- A hands-on learning experience in which they are paired with a staff mentor
- The opportunity to refine a set of skills and knowledge to further their professional goals
- Exposure to TIMEP’s programming and operations.
At the beginning of each internship, each TIMEP intern will work with a staff mentor to jointly identify a set of goals for the internship involving skills, knowledge, and/or experience. By the end of the program, each TIMEP intern will have had the opportunity to:
- Refine his or her skills, knowledge, and experiences in furtherance of said-goals;
- Engage with like-minded organizations and practitioners; and
- Better understand the role of civil society and nonprofit organizations like TIMEP in the MENA policy space.
Spring 2021 – Digital Engagement Internship
For the Spring 2021 internship program, TIMEP seeks a part-time Digital Engagement Intern who is available to work between 15 and 20 hours a week for 8 to 12 weeks. Daily availability Monday – Friday is preferred, but not required. Spring internships typically begin between January and February, though we are happy to accommodate the start date that works best for the incoming intern.
The Digital Engagement Intern will:
- Craft and post content for institutional social media accounts;
- Identify opportunities for social media engagement and engage with audience online;
- Track engagement analytics on social media and Google platforms;
- Assist with promotion campaigns;
- Assist with crafting language and design for newsletters using MailChimp; and
- Work with the TIMEP team to improve institutional messaging and identify new ways to strategically expand TIMEP’s content and reach.
Monthly internship stipends will be offered, so long as it does not interfere with the student’s respective university requirements for internships. Interns will receive a stipend of $500 per month, which will be prorated for partial months.
- Preference for candidates who are pursuing or who have recently completed a degree related to journalism, marketing, communications, foreign policy and international relations, or other related fields.
- Prior experience creating social media content in a professional setting required.
- Familiarity with creating social media content in the international relations/foreign policy field preferred.
- Experience working with social media and website data preferred.
- Background knowledge or prior experience working on topics related to the MENA region strongly preferred.
Applications will be accepted AND reviewed on a rolling basis up until November 15th, 2020. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as we are prepared to make an offer as soon as possible. Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with “2021 Spring Digital Engagement Internship” in the subject line:
- Cover letter that includes the following information:
- When are you available to begin your internship? What days/schedule are you able to work?
- Where did you learn about the position?
- What types of experience do you have with digital engagement (creating content, social media, audience engagement, etc.)? What did you learn from these types of experiences?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Spring 2021 internship will be conducted remotely. While we will accept applications from candidates across the United States, the candidate’s schedule must fall within TIMEP’s office hours (between 9:00AM – 5:30PM EST.)