The Communications Manager will be responsible for developing a clear and comprehensive communication strategy; working on effective approaches to disseminate and publicize and place TIMEP experts, analysis and advocacy positions; and promoting its project output and publications in media publications and outlets. The Communications Manager will also be responsible for developing media contacts, tracking media coverage and analytics, assisting in preparing press releases, and developing and implementing a social media strategy. Additionally, the Communications Manager will work with the Development and Projects Director to draft communications materials for stakeholders and provide brand consistency throughout the Institute, in addition to assisting in the planning, and execution of events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing the Institute’s communication strategy and an outreach plan to expand TIMEP’s network with media outlets and potential audience.
- Creating, implementing, and measuring the results of internal and external communications programs.
- Work closely with staff to craft and implement content strategies that effectively engage audiences across digital platforms and expands TIMEP’s visibility online and readership of publications.
- Manage the Social Media content through use of a content calendar.
- Tracking media coverage of TIMEP and its programs and projects in a spreadsheet and creating monthly reports on media intake and coverage.
- Managing, routing, and tracking public information requests that come to the organization’s press email inbox. This includes responding to inquiries and forwarding press and issue-specific requests to appropriate staff members.
- Maintaining relationships with journalists and editors for pitching of TIMEP’s experts, analysis and external pitches for placement.
- Closely follows regional reporting for opportunities to maximize TIMEP’s visibility in the press.
- Counsel staff on media interviews.
- Develop TIMEP’s media outreach in print, radio and TV outlets.
- Creating, maintaining, updating, and developing press distribution lists and contacts.
- Drafting and distribution of monthly project releases, event invitations, and institutional announcements.
- Publicizing TIMEP activities and events (such as press releases, project related documents and commentary) using both traditional media and social media.
- Creating content and managing all of TIMEP’s social networks to direct and support integrated, ongoing online campaigns by expanding awareness and engaging stakeholders.
- Working with appropriate staff to unify existing external communication leaflets and create new promotional material.
- Set and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Keeps abreast of the latest digital trends to inform creative approaches.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience or training, or a master’s degree and three years of related experience or training.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with political climate in the Middle East.
- Arabic language skills are preferred.
- Proven ability to develop communication strategies related to organizational policies in collaboration with a diverse team.
- Knowledge of Google applications, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter.
- Comprehensive knowledge of media operations and expertise in public relations and communication.
- Ability to adapt to changes in TIMEP and in external environment, manage competing demands, and change approach or method to best fit situations.
- Flexibility for occasional work on weekends and during non-traditional hours as needed.
- Ability to manage and adapt to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit. The individual is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send your resume, cover letter and writing sample with salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line, “Communications Manager”. Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please.