The Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policy has an immediate opening for a Projects and Communications Assistant.
The Projects and Communications Assistant will provide support to the development, coordination, and launch of TIMEP projects, reports, and other outputs. This position will also provide communications support by assisting with the drafting of social media postings, tracking media mentions, and maintaining the institution’s media lists.
This position will be expected to work closely with the Programs Coordinator and will report to the Development and Projects Director. As TIMEP adheres to a collaborative approach in which all of its departments work closely together to carry out the mission of the institute, the Projects and Communications Assistant will also regularly cooperate with the advocacy, development, and editorial departments.
This position has minimum hourly commitment of 30 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cooperates with entire project teams through the duration of projects lifecycle
- Supports the maintaining of a master schedule of design and web requests and communications
- Efficiently coordinates communications efforts with the teams and external contractors (web/design) to meet set deadlines
- Conveys design requests related to TIMEP reports, project materials, and other publications and outputs to graphic designer in a weekly call and daily email follow up
- Collects team feedback on product designs to relay to graphic designer throughout the editing/pre-launch process
- Conveys requests related to project website updates from the team and communicates requests to web developer in a weekly call and daily email follow up
- Collects team feedback on product design to relay to web developer throughout the pre-launch phase, and post launch
- Designs and sends Mailchimp email campaigns for new and regular TIMEP products
- Drafts social media postings (Twitter, Facebook) for institutional account based on media mentions, upcoming events, press releases, etc.
- Monitors media mentions of institute, projects, and team members through email account, social media monitoring, and staff referrals
- Assists in maintaining web content through posting and updating website
- Develops and maintains institute’s media lists
- Conducts media research and outreach as assigned
- Completes necessary administrative tasks (e.g. activity reports, meeting memoranda, timesheets).
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field is preferred; applicants currently seeking a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field who possess 1-2 years of relevant experience will also be considered
- At least 1 year of prior relevant work or internship experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, InDesign, Google applications is required.
- Proficiency in social media (Twitter and Facebook) and email marketing tools (such as Mailchimp) is also required; familiarity with WordPress is a plus.
- Experience with project management software is a plus.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must possess attention to detail and achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to adapt to changes in TIMEP and in external environment and change approach or method to best fit situations.
- Ability to manage and adapt to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Experience working in a team environment with ability to cooperate with and take direction from multiple parties
- Consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Projects & Communications Assistant”. In the cover letter, please include where you learned of the position, salary expectations, and your preferred hourly commitment and start date.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The individual is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.