The Communications Officer will be responsible for developing a clear communication strategy, working on effective approaches to disseminate and publicize TIMEP analysis, advocacy position and promoting its projects output and publications. The Communications Officer will also be responsible for tracking media coverage, preparing press releases and developing and implementing the social media strategy. Additionally, the Communications Officer with the Development and Projects Director to draft communications materials for outside stakeholders as well as provide brand consistency throughout the Institute in addition to assisting in the planning, recruitment and execution of events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing the Institute’s communication strategy and an outreach plan to expand TIMEP network with media outlets and potential audience.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the results of internal and external communications programs.
- Expanding TIMEP visibility online and readership of publications.
- Tracking media coverage of TIMEP and its programs and projects in a spreadsheet and creating monthly reports on media intake and coverage.
- Managing routing and tracking public information requests that come to the organization’s general email inbox. This includes responding to inquiries, forwarding press and issue specific requests to appropriate staff members.
- Creating, maintaining, updating and developing press distribution list and contacts.
- Drafting and distribution of monthly project releases, event invitations and institutional announcements.
- Publicizing TIMEP activities and events (such as press releases, project related documents and commentary) using both traditional media and social media.
- Create content and manage all TIMEP social networks to direct and support integrated, ongoing online campaigns by expanding awareness and engaging stakeholders.
- Working with appropriate staff to unify existing external communication leaflets and create new promotional material.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIRED
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and four or more years of related experience and/or training.
- Proven ability to develop communication strategies related to organizational policies in collaboration with a diverse team.
- General knowledge about the culture and political climate in the Middle East.
- Knowledge of Google applications, Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Social Media platforms including Facebook and Twitter.
- Comprehensive knowledge of media operations and expertise in public relations and/or Communication.
- Ability to adapt to changes in TIMEP and in external environment, manage competing demands; change approach or method to best-fit situations.
- Ability to manage and adapt to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit. The individual is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send your resume, cover letter and writing sample with salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line, “Communications Officer”. Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please.